Microsoft currently has to face a lot of flak from the gaming community for the cancellation of one of its most highly anticipated exclusive Scalebound, while on the other hand Sony has gone from strength to strength and boasts a solid line-up of exclusives which features Nier Automata, Horizon Zero Dawn and a possible God Of War 4 amongst others.
In a comment to Dengeki PlayStation Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide President Shuhei Yoshida said that their were a number of different titles in development for PS4
“We’re working on a great number of still unannounced titles. Look forward to their announcements.”
We already know about most of the announced projects of PlayStation 4 and a few rumored ones as well.
Sony First Party Studios
- Guerrilla Games – Horizon Zero Dawn
- Naughty Dog – The Last of Us Part 2, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
- Polyphony Digital – Gran Turismo
- Media Molecule – Dreams
- San Diego Studios – MLB The Show 17, Drawn to Death collaboration
- Bend Studios – Days Gone
- Japan Studio – Gravity Rush 2, Knack 2, Deep Down collaboration
- Pixelopus – New Studio
Partnerships and Collaborations
- Insomniac Games – Spider PS4 (Exclusive)
- Kojima Productions – Death Stranding (PS4 Exclusive)
- Quantic Dream – Detroit: Become Human (PS4 Exclusive might not be released in 2017)
- The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency
- Wild Sheep Studios – WILD (PS4 Exclusive)
- Housemarque – Materfall ( PS4 Exclusive)
- Impulse Gear – Farpoint (PS4 Exclusive)
If these titles aren’t enough to whet your appetite, then thankfully enough PS4 has more exclusives headed your way , and I think I just might go broke this year buying all the fantastic titles that Sony has on display.
I think the unannounced titles might be first of all be a sequel for the souls like game Bloodborne from developers FromSoftware, there are a number of rumors going around and I wouldn’t be surprised if it does make an appearance at this year’s E3, I also expect God Of War 4 to release this year somewhere around the end of 2017(call it a gut feeling).
Sucker Punch has also gone real quite after they released inFamous : First Light and the smart money will again be on them to make an appearance on E3 with a brand new project. There are also the likes of the London Studio and the Manchester Studio ( formerly known as North West studio) who are likely to release a number of PSVR projects in the near future , so that might be something to keep an eye out for.
Then there is Guerilla Cambridge as well who are rumored to be working on a new IP, after the success of RIGS: Mechanized Combat.
With so many new and exciting titles already and confirmed and more rumored to be on the way it looks increasingly likely that 2017 and beyond will indeed be PlayStation’s year yet again. With the Last Of Us 2 and Days Gone also set for a release in somewhere around 2018 one must wonder what might Xbox and Microsoft have to do in order to stop the PS4 from completely dominating the console wars in the years to come.
Let us know your opinions by commenting in the comments section below.