Director Guillermo del Toro has shown time and again what a savage he is as he yet again lashed out at Konami, the publisher he was working with for the Hideo Kojima game, Silent Hills which was eventually canceled.
Taking to Twitter to post a Christmas greeting, del Toro wrote “F**k Konami” joking about that being as true as other messages this time of year.
Important Holiday messages that right true today as they always have: Feliz Navidad. Happy Holidays. Fuck Konami.
— Guillermo del Toro (@RealGDT) December 25, 2016
Del Toro recently made an appearance in the latest trailer for Kojima’s next game, Death Stranding. The strangeass trailer aired during The Game Awards, starring del Toro himself as well as Hannibal star Mads Mikkelsen.
This was the second time in this month that del Toro has openly hit out at Konami. Earlier he sent out the same message: “F**k Konami.”
Konami meanwhile has said it remains “committed to new Silent Hill titles,” but none have been announced so far. They also claim the Silent Hills game was never really in any advanced stages of development, claiming it was only in the “embryonic” stage.
This wasn’t the first time a video game involving del Toro failed to materialize. del Toro was working on a horror game called Insane with publisher THQ, but the project fell through following the company’s bankruptcy. After being left hanging twice, del Toro says he has no plans to try to make a game of his own again.
“I have proven to be the albatross of video games,” he said last year. “I joined THQ, and THQ goes broke. I join Kojima, and Kojima leaves Konami. I have decided, in order not to destroy anyone else’s life, I will never again get involved in video games. Otherwise, I’ll join someone and his house will explode, or something.”
What do you make of del Toro’s repeated digs at Konami? Let us know in the comments below.