The third free update for “Doom” is now available for all platforms. It fixes some minor issues in the campaign and also adds new content to multiplayer. You can finally do away with team games and play a free-for-all multiplayer mode: classic Deathmatch.
The main additions of the update affect multiplayer. Doom has now a free-for-all multiplayer mode, called classic Deathmatch. Only Demon Runes are disabled in Deathmatch, leaving everything else as it is. It also supports private multiplayer matches, giving players the ability to create custom games, disable Demon Runes and customize maps, modes and match settings.
The update also features fixes for animation issues, bugs, crashes and freezes, etc. Quite a few of these fixes and optimizations apply to the campaign mode.
Overall the general stability has improved.
The third “Doom” update is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Meanwhile, Id Software is also holding a double XP weekend, from Sept. 23 to 26, 2016.Expect more updates and details related to the new “Doom”.
The update features:-
- Deathmatch – New Deathmatch free-for-all multiplayer mode now available
- Private Matches – Players are now able to create their own private matches in multiplayer. When setting up your matches, you can determine the modes, maps, length of play time and other match settings.
Fixes and Optimizations
- Fixed an issue where exiting a Classic Map would cause the user to freeze on the Main Menu
- Fixed a progression blocking issue when reloading checkpoint in Blood Keep B while picking up yellow skull in crusher room
- Fixed the Summoner and Pinky models not being visible under the Collectibles menu
- Fixed a crash which occurred when reloading Security Switches checkpoint with Doom Classic Weapon Pose enabled in the Polar Core
- Fixed cases of the Combat Shotgun Pop Rocket mod not tracking progress towards mastery
- Fixed an issue where dying at the map transition and restarting the map in the next level would put your character in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where turning on the Classic Weapon Pose during a weapon examination cut scene would cause a broken state
- Fixed Remote Detonation mastery not incrementing if the player first uses Stun Bomb on enemy targets
- Fixed an animation issue where the Talisman Guards’ legs would not move
- Fixed an issue where Mission Select does not accurately reflect the in-game status of the Dead Man Stalking Challenge in Blood Keep A
- Various instability issues addressed
Fixes and Optimizations
- Improved general stability
- Undo/Redo no longer causes memory drops
- Anonymous players now are counted correctly in the map play counts
- AI Path Points now work properly when set to Sprint
- Browser sorting and empty browser are improved
- Weapon switch now has proper key bindings
- Empty Containers can now be picked up
- Weapon On Pick Up logic works when set to On Touched
- Clients are now stopped by Player Blocking Volumes
- Locked doors now properly display a “Locked” message
- Skull keys can be added and removed from Inventory
- Added “Manage by AI Conductor” setting to property settings of additional AI
- Ammo gained from picking up weapons works properly in all cases
- Powercore spawns properly when spawned at map start
- Lost Souls work properly with AI Path points
- Give Armor works properly in all conditions