The problem that many PS4 Pro users faced with Destiny 2 was that the game kept crashing continuously on the console, and it seems that it is still an on-going issue. Bungie had previously released a statement acknowledging the issue and saying that they are working to fix it. It seems that so far, the problem is persisting.
A fix that helped many people was disabling HDCP in the settings, it seemed to fix the issue for a lot of people but it isn’t a authentic fix. Bungie has reported that people are experiencing the PS4 error code CE-34878-0. Bungie has reported a bunch of ways that can mostly resolve the issue. The help page for the issue states to update the firmware, reinstalling the base original hard drive and formatting the system. These are said to “improve” the experience and lower the number of crashes.
Ofcourse an official fix is still not out yet that can permanently remove the crashes altogether. Sony and Bungie are working together to resolve the issue and we’re sure that it’ll be patched out soon.
In other news, Bungie has compiled a list of known errors for Destiny 2 and they are listed down below:
Nessus: If players proceed to fall off of a cliff on Nessus in the Sunken Caverns area, their Ghost may be placed in an area that blocks progression of activities. Players may be required to return to orbit and relaunch the Destination.
Skipping Cinematics: Non-Fireteam Leaders cannot skip in-game cinematics. Fireteam Leads must manually skip the cinematic if the Fireteam desires to.
Linear Actuators: The functionality of this perk does not always trigger upon the correct requirements.
Nightfall: Fireteam members who attempt to join a Nightfall Activity in progress will not always qualify for Activity completion. We recommend that all members be within the Fireteam when initially launching the activity.
- Emblems: The Lore Scholar emblem will only be awarded to players who have opened the Age of Triumph Record Book within Destiny 1 prior to August 1, 2017.
- Prison of Elders: Memorialization for the Prison of Elder will show the first time a player defeated Skolas, rather than completing a Prison of Elders activity.
- Character: Some hair colors do not match their Destiny 1 counterpart.
Storage: The first item of Inventory categories cannot be played within the Vault. For example, if a player wishes to place the first Shader present within their inventory into the Vault, they will need to select an alternate sorting for the Shader to be moved from the first slot, then they may proceed to store the item within the Vault.
Sentinel: If a player has swapped their Shoulder Buttons and is guarding when the Titan Sentinel Super ends, they will be temporarily suspended aiming down sights. To resolve the issue, players will need to tap their left bumper.
- Waypoints: Tracking a Vendor during an activity will not present a waypoint to players.
- Infusion: When an Exotic Weapon or Armor piece is equipped, eligible exotic items under the Infusion tab will be grayed out due to Exotic equipment limits. The item may still be infused as desired.
- Player Inspection: Destiny 2 Currencies, such as Glimmer or Bright Dust, will display as “0” when inspecting an alternate player.
- Roster: Adding or removing a friend on Xbox Live will temporarily remove all friends from the Director Roster on Xbox One.
Destiny 2 is now available to play on Xbox One and PS4 with a PC release coming in the next month or so. Be sure to stay tuned for more!